Garvin County, Oklahoma Genealogy
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places/Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
Garvin County Courthouse
201 W Grant Avenue
Pauls Valley, OK 73075
Clerk Court has marriage, divorce, probate and court records from 1908;
County Clerk has land records
1907--Garvin County was created 16 July 1907 from Chickasaw Lands.
County seat: Pauls Valley 
- NewspaperArchive.com ($) has historical newspapers online including Ada newspapers that may have included Garvin County residents. This database is sometimes free at libraries.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).