G.W. Brown's Company, Virginia Horse Artillery
From FamilySearch Wiki
Revision as of 21:24, 29 November 2010 by Claudiaj64
- Organized in August 1862, by dividing Pelham's original company.
- This unit was assigned to J. Pelham's, R. F. Beckham's, J. Breathed's and R. P. Chew's Battalion of Artillery, Army of Northern Virginia.
- It was involved in many conflicts from Fredericksburg to Cold Harbor, then participated in the defense of Petersburg and the Appomattox operations.
- The battery reported 6 casualties at Fredericksburg and 20 at Chancellorsville, had 106 engaged at Gettysburg, and surrendered only 2 in April 1865.
- Captains G. Wilmer Brown, M. W. Henry, and William M. McGregor.
- AKA - McGregor's Battery or the Stuart Horse Artillery 2nd Battery