Fulton County, Ohio Genealogy
|Fulton County, Ohio|
Location of Ohio in the U.S.
|Founded:||April 1, 1850|
|Address|| Fulton County Courthouse|
210 S. Fulton
Wauseon, Ohio 43567-1355
Fulton County Website
- 1 Historical Facts
- 2 Resources
- 2.1 Bible Records
- 2.2 Biography
- 2.3 Business Records and Commerce
- 2.4 Cemeteries
- 2.5 Census
- 2.6 Church Records
- 2.7 Court Records
- 2.8 Emigration and Immigration
- 2.9 Ethnic, Political, or Religious Groups
- 2.10 Gazetteers
- 2.11 Genealogy
- 2.12 History
- 2.13 Land and Property
- 2.14 Maps
- 2.15 Military
- 2.16 Naturalization and Citizenship
- 2.17 Newspapers
- 2.18 Obituaries
- 2.19 Periodicals
- 2.20 Probate
- 2.21 Public Records
- 2.22 Repositories
- 2.23 Taxation
- 2.24 Vital Records
- 3 Web Sites
- 4 Places/Localities
- 5 References
|Beginning dates for major county records|
|*For earlier dates, try... Church | Obituaries | Cemeteries|
- Parent Counties: Formed from Henry, Lucas, and Williams Counties 28 February 1850.
- County Seat: Wauseon
- Neighboring Counties: Fulton County, Ohio Genealogy residents may also have records in Lenawee County, Michigan (north) · Henry (south) · Williams (west) · Lucas (east)
See an interactive map of Fulton County boundary changes.
A courthouse fire in July 1864 destroyed many of the county records. Those saved were located in the Court of Common Pleas such as Chancery, Plaintiff and Defendant indexes, plus the court cases. Probate Court records such as the wills, estates, and guardianship's were lost. The Recorder's Office lost the land records, but those have been reconstructed using Barber's Abstracts.
Business Records and Commerce
- Archibold Cemetery, Archibold BillionGraves
Emigration and Immigration
Ethnic, Political, or Religious Groups
Land and Property
- Civil War
Civil War service men from Fulton County served in various regiments. Men often joined a company (within a regiment) that originated in their county. Listed below are companies that were specifically formed in Fulton County.
- - 100th Regiment, Ohio Infantry, Companies E and H
- - 111th Regiment, Ohio Infantry, Comapanies C and F
Naturalization and Citizenship
Family History Centers
- Ohio Deaths, 1908-1953 Free name indexes and images at FamilySearch. Records include such information as birth date of deceased, city, county, and state of death, name of spouse if married, names of parents, maiden name of mother, name of informant, if deceased was single, married, windowed or divorced, occupation of deceased.
- Ohio Deaths, 1954-Present Death certificates from 1954 to the present are held by the Ohio Department of Health. These records can be ordered in person or by mail.
- Walk In Address: Ohio Department of Health
225 Neilston Street
Columbus, Ohio 43215
- Mail your request to:
Ohio Department of Health
P.O. Box 15098
Columbus, Ohio 43215-0098
Additionally, Ohio death records can be obtained from the city or county health department where the death occurred. Some cities and counties can issue all death certificates from the State of Ohio if that city or county has been granted statewide issuance access.
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), [FHL book 973 D27e 2002].
- Wikipedia contributors, "Fulton County, Ohio" in Wikipedia: the Free Encyclopedia at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fulton_County,_Ohio (accessed 10 May 2012).