Frisco, Utah LDS Church Wards and Branches
This page includes a timeline history, 1940 boundaries of wards and branches, and how to obtain the records. Source of information:
- Jenson, Andrew. Encyclopedic History of the Church]. (Salt Lake City: Deseret News, 1941), p 269-70. Online through BYU Books. (Free) Text searchable. Also available through Ancestry.com ($).
While active, the congregation consisted of the mining towns of Frisco and Grampton.It was part of Beaver Stake.
History Timeline to 1940
This timeline (arranged by year) includes events that affected records, record-keeping, and movements of Mormons in this area.
- ____ - 1911. The town depended upon the Horn Silver Mine, the terminus of a branch of the Los Angeles and Salt Lake Railroad.
- 1881, June 27. Organized as a branch.
- 1882, March. 36 people belonged to the branch. "It seems that this first branch organization was not continued...."
- 1897, April 25. Reorganized. They met alternately at the school house in Frisco and the hall at Grampton.
- 1905, January 22. Frisco was organized as a ward.
- 1911. The mines were closed and most of the saints moved away. Those that remained were transferred to Milford Ward.
Other History Resources
Many wards or branches appointed members to compile a history. Copies may be in the ward library or in homes of members. Some contain biographical sketches of members of the ward at the time of compilation.
Obtain the Records
Records up to about 1948 are available, usually on microfilm.
- List of Church records. of Frisco, Utah LDS Church Wards and Branches in the FamilySearch Library.
- Check the Church History Library for additional records.