Frisco, Utah LDS Church Wards and Branches
History timeline (1881-1911) and records of Mormon congregations in the mining towns of Frisco and Grampton, Beaver County, Utah. Frisco is located in the San Francisco mountains, 17 miles northwest of Milford and 51 miles northwest of Beaver.
Source of information: Jenson, Andrew. Encyclopedic History of the Church]. (Salt Lake City: Deseret News, 1941), p 269-70. Online through BYU Books. (Free) Text searchable. Also available through Ancestry.com ($).
While active, the congregation consisted of the mining towns of Frisco and Grampton.
- ____ - 1911. The town depended upon the Horn Silver Mine, the terminus of a branch of the Los Angeles and Salt Lake Railroad.
- 1881, June 27. Organized as a branch.
- 1882, March. 36 people belonged to the branch. "It seems that this first branch organization was not continued...."
- 1897, April 25. Reorganized. They met alternately at the school house in Frisco and the hall at Grampton.
- 1905, January 22. Frisco was organized as a ward.
- 1911. The mines were closed and most of the saints moved away. Those that remained were transferred to Milford Ward.