Difference between revisions of "Frisco, Utah LDS Church Wards and Branches"

From FamilySearch Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search
(added stake category)
(added categories)
Line 28: Line 28:
 
*List of {{FHL|Utah, Beaver, Frisco - Church Records|subject|disp=Church records}}{{FHLTopicOnlyLinks}}  
 
*List of {{FHL|Utah, Beaver, Frisco - Church Records|subject|disp=Church records}}{{FHLTopicOnlyLinks}}  
 
*Check the [[LDS Archives and Libraries#Church History Library|Church History Library]] for additional records.
 
*Check the [[LDS Archives and Libraries#Church History Library|Church History Library]] for additional records.
=== References ===
+
===  References ===
  
[[Category:Tracing LDS Ancestors]] [[Category:Beaver County, Utah]]
+
[[Category:Tracing_LDS_Ancestors]] [[Category:Beaver_County,_Utah]][[Category:UT_LDS_Stake_Beaver]] [[Category:LDS_Church_Records]]

Revision as of 21:04, 21 November 2012

Utah Church Records go to Beaver County Church Records go to Frisco, Utah Wards and Branches

Jenson, Andrew. Encyclopedic History of the Church. (Salt Lake City: Deseret News, 1941). p 269-70.

  • Online through BYU Books. (Free) In the Text search box, type the town or unit name and click Go. Select page numbers (tiny) at the right to see the page.
  • Also available through Ancestry.com ($).

  Boundaries 

While active, the congregation consisted of the mining towns of Frisco and Grampton.It was part of Beaver Stake.

History Timeline to 1940

This timeline (arranged by year) includes events that affected records, record-keeping, and movements of Mormons in this area.


  • ____ - 1911. The town depended upon the Horn Silver Mine, the terminus of a branch of the Los Angeles and Salt Lake Railroad.
  • 1881, June 27. Organized as a branch.
  • 1882, March. 36 people belonged to the branch. "It seems that this first branch organization was not continued...."
  • 1897, April 25. Reorganized. They met alternately at the school house in Frisco and the hall at Grampton.
  • 1905, January 22. Frisco was organized as a ward.
  • 1911. The mines were closed and most of the saints moved away. Those that remained were transferred to Milford Ward.

Obtain the Records

Records up to about 1948 are available, usually on microfilm.

 References