Difference between revisions of "Frio County, Texas Genealogy"
|Line 80:||Line 80:|
==== Land ====
==== Land ====
==== Local Histories ====
==== Local Histories ====
Revision as of 23:29, 17 March 2011
|Frio County, Texas|
Location in the state of Texas
Location of Texas in the U.S.
|Founded||February 1, 1858|
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places/Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
1858--Frio County was created 1 February 1858 from Atascosa, Bexar, and Uvalde Counties. The county was not organized until 22 May 1871. County seats: Frio City (Frio Town) 1871-1883; Pearsall 1883-present. 
Bigfoot | Dilley | Frio Town | Hilltop | Moore | North Pearsall | Pearsall | West Pearsall
- Texas African American Griots ~ USGenWeb
- AfriGeneas ~ African Ancestored Genealogy
- Texas African American Genealogy ~ Access Genealogy
- Frio County Cemeteries ~ USGenWeb Archives Project
- Frio County Cemeteries ~ TXGenWeb
- Frio County Photographs ~ USGenWeb Archives Project
- Tombstone Transcription Project ~ Partial transcription of cemetery tombstones ~ USGenWeb
- Texas Historic Cemeteries ~ Partial indexes to historic cemeteries
- African American Cemeteries Online ~ Partial index/transcriptions of African American cemeteries
- Cemetery Junction ~ Links to cemetery transcriptions
- 1880 Federal Census Index ~ USGenWeb Archives Project
- 1900 Census Images ~ USGenWeb Archives Project
- Immaculate Heart of Mary Death Records ~ USGenWeb Archives Project
- Texas Christian Church Directory ~ ChurchAngel
- Catholic Parishes in Texas
- Frio County Naturalization Records ~ TXGenWeb
- Land Survey Abstract Indicies ~ USGenWeb Archives Project
- From Rattlesnakes to Road Agents: Rough Times on the Frio, 1985, by Frances Bramlette Farris, edited by C. L. Sonnichsen.
- Historic Frio County, 1871–1971by the Frio County Centennial Corporation.
- Frio County History from the Handbook of Texas Online.
- Texas Museums ~ List of all museums in Texas ~ Hidden Ancestors
- Frio County Maps ~ TXGenWeb
- Historical Maps ~ From the Republic to the Turn of the Century ~ Hidden Ancestors
- Texas Counties Map. Click on the county to go to the Texas Genweb site
- Union Soldiers Schedule ~ TXGenWeb
- Civil War Pension Applications ~ TXGenWeb
- Military Resources ~ Links to research Civil War to Operation Enduring Freedom ~ Hidden Ancestors
- Fallen Heroes ~ Partial Index of casualties from Civil War to Operation Enduring Freedom ~ Hidden Ancestors
- Honoring Our Veterans ~ Partial index of veterans from Civil War to Operation Enduring Freedom ~ Hidden Ancestors
- Home Town News - Texas Newspaper Index with links
- Newslink - Texas Newspaper List (sorted by publication frequency)
- The Olden Times - Historic Texas News Online
- Obituary Resources ~ Links to research and locate obituaries ~ Hidden Ancestors
- USGenWeb Archives Obituary Project ~ Texas
- Afrigeneas ~ African American death notices, obituaries and funeral programs compiled by users from current newspapers and historical sources
- Obituary Depot ~ Texas Newspaper Citations
- Obituary Project ~ Hidden Ancestors
- Obituary Daily Times ~ Citations to over 15,000,000 obituaries including interactive search function
- Search Tax, Criminal, Land and Wills Records ~ Ancestry.com (subscription)
- Texas Death Index 1964 to 1998 [no images] Name index to Texas Statewide Death Certificates or four million people who have died since 1964.
- Texas Death Records 1890 – 1976 [with images]
Name index and images of statewide death certificates, 1890-1976. The name index has been created by FamilySearch and is tied to images of the Texas death certificates. Few certificates are available prior to 1903.
- Texas Marriage Records 1966 - 2005 ~ Hidden Ancestors
- Texas Divorce Records 1968 - 2005 ~ Hidden Ancestors
- USGenWeb Census Project ~ Texas 1850 - 1930
Societies and Libraries
Pearsall Public Library
200 E Trinity St
Pearsall, TX 78061
Phone: (830) 334-2496
Dilley Public Library
231 W Fm 117
Dilley, TX 78017
Phone: (830) 965-1951
Society Hill ~ Links and addresses to Texas genealogical and historical societies
- TXGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the county.
- Hidden Ancestors Information on Texas genealogy research as well as genealogy research in general.
- USGenWeb Texas Archives Vital statistics, maps, obituaries, Bible records, tombstone transcriptions and many other records.
- Family History Library Catalog
- Handbook of Texas Online: Frio County http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hcf10
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).