Difference between revisions of "Frio County, Texas Genealogy"
(Frio County, Texas)
|Line 15:||Line 15:|
== County Courthouse ==
== County Courthouse ==
Frio County PO Box 847Pearsall, TX 79360830.334.2214 has from 1903, from 1876, from 1874, from 1907 land from 1871
== History ==
== History ==
Revision as of 17:20, 7 September 2012United States Texas Counties F Frio County
|Frio County, Texas|
Location in the state of Texas
Location of Texas in the U.S.
|Founded||February 1, 1858|
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places/Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
Frio County Courthouse
PO Box 847
Pearsall, TX 79360
County Clerk has born and death records from 1903,
marriage records from 1876, probate records from 1874,
court records from 1907 and land records from 1871
1858--Frio County was created 1 February 1858 from Atascosa, Bexar, and Uvalde Counties. The county was not organized until 22 May 1871. County seats: Frio City (Frio Town) 1871-1883; Pearsall 1883-present. 
Bigfoot | Dilley | Frio Town | Hilltop | Moore | North Pearsall | Pearsall | West Pearsall
- Texas African American Griots ~ USGenWeb
- AfriGeneas ~ African Ancestored Genealogy
- Texas African American Genealogy ~ Access Genealogy
- Frio County Cemeteries ~ USGenWeb Archives Project
- Frio County Cemeteries ~ TXGenWeb
- Frio County Photographs ~ USGenWeb Archives Project
- Tombstone Transcription Project ~ Partial transcription of cemetery tombstones ~ USGenWeb
- Texas Historic Cemeteries ~ Partial indexes to historic cemeteries
- African American Cemeteries Online ~ Partial index/transcriptions of African American cemeteries
- Cemetery Junction ~ Links to cemetery transcriptions
- 1880 Federal Census Index ~ USGenWeb Archives Project
- 1900 Census Images ~ USGenWeb Archives Project
- Immaculate Heart of Mary Death Records ~ USGenWeb Archives Project
- Texas Christian Church Directory ~ ChurchAngel
- Catholic Parishes in Texas
- Frio County Naturalization Records ~ TXGenWeb
- Land Survey Abstract Indicies ~ USGenWeb Archives Project
- From Rattlesnakes to Road Agents: Rough Times on the Frio, 1985, by Frances Bramlette Farris, edited by C. L. Sonnichsen.
- Historic Frio County, 1871–1971by the Frio County Centennial Corporation.
- Frio County History from the Handbook of Texas Online.
- Texas Museums ~ List of all museums in Texas ~ Hidden Ancestors
- Frio County Maps ~ TXGenWeb
- Historical Maps ~ From the Republic to the Turn of the Century ~ Hidden Ancestors
- Texas Counties Map. Click on the county to go to the Texas Genweb site
- Union Soldiers Schedule ~ TXGenWeb
- Civil War Pension Applications ~ TXGenWeb
- Military Resources ~ Links to research Civil War to Operation Enduring Freedom ~ Hidden Ancestors
- Fallen Heroes ~ Partial Index of casualties from Civil War to Operation Enduring Freedom ~ Hidden Ancestors
- Honoring Our Veterans ~ Partial index of veterans from Civil War to Operation Enduring Freedom ~ Hidden Ancestors
- Home Town News - Texas Newspaper Index with links
- Newslink - Texas Newspaper List (sorted by publication frequency)
- The Olden Times - Historic Texas News Online
- Obituary Resources ~ Links to research and locate obituaries ~ Hidden Ancestors
- USGenWeb Archives Obituary Project ~ Texas
- Afrigeneas ~ African American death notices, obituaries and funeral programs compiled by users from current newspapers and historical sources
- Obituary Depot ~ Texas Newspaper Citations
- Obituary Project ~ Hidden Ancestors
- Obituary Daily Times ~ Citations to over 15,000,000 obituaries including interactive search function
- Search Tax, Criminal, Land and Wills Records ~ Ancestry.com (subscription)
- Texas Death Index 1964 to 1998 [no images] Name index to Texas Statewide Death Certificates or four million people who have died since 1964.
- Texas Death Records 1890 – 1976 [with images]
Name index and images of statewide death certificates, 1890-1976. The name index has been created by FamilySearch and is tied to images of the Texas death certificates. Few certificates are available prior to 1903.
- Texas Marriage Records 1966 - 2005 ~ Hidden Ancestors
- Texas Divorce Records 1968 - 2005 ~ Hidden Ancestors
- USGenWeb Census Project ~ Texas 1850 - 1930
Societies and Libraries
Pearsall Public Library
200 E Trinity St
Pearsall, TX 78061
Phone: (830) 334-2496
Dilley Public Library
231 W Fm 117
Dilley, TX 78017
Phone: (830) 965-1951
Society Hill ~ Links and addresses to Texas genealogical and historical societies
Family History Centers
- TXGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the county.
- Hidden Ancestors Information on Texas genealogy research as well as genealogy research in general.
- USGenWeb Texas Archives Vital statistics, maps, obituaries, Bible records, tombstone transcriptions and many other records.
- Family History Library Catalog
- Handbook of Texas Online: Frio County http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hcf10
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).