Fresno California West Family History Center
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
The Fresno CA West Stake Family History Center is one of four family history centers in Fresno, CA, which are all in the Fresno Temple District. The Fresno CA West Stake Center is in the Stake Center right next to the temple.
Center Contacts and Hours
Location and Map:
- 3375 W. Sierra Fresno, CA 93711 United States
- Located at the corner of Sierra and Valentine, next to the Fresno Temple.
- The entrance to the Family History Center is on the west side of the building toward the rear, with a sign marked "Family History Center"
- Please ring the bell for admittance.
- Link to map using Google
Phone: (559) 431-4759
- Sunday by appointment
- Tuesday 9am - 1pm 6:30pm - 9pm
- Wednesday 9am - 1pm 6:30pm 9pm
- Thursday 9am - 1pm 6:30-9pm
- Saturday 9:00 am-1:00 pm
- Closed for most Holidays
Calendar and Events
May 2012 - Family History Seminar, September 2012, Computerized Family History Seminar
Staff Training Meetings
Held once a month, unless otherwise specified
- Family History Library Catalog: This center has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the Family History Library Catalog.
- German Church Registers Index in 30 volumes. List additional collections you have such as the types of books and microfilm you have on indefinite loan; though you will not want to list every single item you have. Just give visitors to this page a general idea of your resources.
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal
- Hardware and Equipment
- Computers, printers, microfilm readers and printers, microfiche readers, slide scanner
Staff Research Specialties
Resources in the Local Area
(This section is to highlight other resources in your area that will be helpful for individuals doing research there in your location, if there are any, such as government offices, historical societies, etc.)
(Include links to other websites of interest to those who visit your center such as links to the city, county and state wiki pages where your center is located.)
Volunteer at the Center
(Include information here about the volunteers you are looking for.)