Fremont County, Wyoming Genealogy
Guide to Fremont County Wyoming genealogy. Birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, family history, and military records.
|Fremont County, Wyoming|
Location of Wyoming in the U.S.
|Founded||March 5, 1884|
|Address|| Fremont County Courthouse|
450 N 2nd Street
Lander, WY 82520
Fremont County Website
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 Resources
- 3 Societies and Libraries
- 4 Web Sites
- 5 References
County Clerk has marriage and land records from 1884,
burial and military records; Clerk Distric Court has divorce,
probate and court records
- Parent County: created 5 March 1884 from Sweetwater county
- County seat: Lander 
- Neighboring Counties: Carbon | [[[Hot Springs County, Wyoming|Hot Springs]] | Natrona | Park | Sublette | Sweetwater | Teton | Washakie
Boundaries have been not changed since 1921.
|Atlantic City||Fort Washakie||Madden||Saint Stephens|
|Boulder Flats||Jeffrey City||Milford||Shoshoni|
|Boysen||Johnstown||Moneta||South Pass City|
|Crowheart||Lander||Myersville (hist.)||Wind River|
For tips on accessing Fremont County, Wyoming Genealogy census records online, see: Wyoming Census.
LDS Ward and Branch Records
Early migration routes to and from Fremont County, Wyoming Genealogy for European and African American settlers included:
The bulk of the probate case files from the 1880's to the 1940's have been transferred to the Wyoming State Archives in Cheyenne. Check their website for additional details.
Western States Marriage Index has 477 marriages listed from 23 Jul 1867 to 31 Jan 1904. The State of Wyoming did not begin gathering birth records until 1909.
Fremont County has birth records beginning 1884.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- Introduction to LDS Family History Centers
- Dubois Wyoming Family History Center
- Lander Wyoming Family History Center
- Riverton Wyoming Family History Center
- Shoshoni Wyoming Family History Center
- The Handybook for Genealogists : United States of America, 10th ed., (Draper, UT: Everton Publishers, 2002), p. 766. Fremont County, Wyoming
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
- Jim Tompkins, "The Oregon Trail 1841-1848 Map III" in Oregon Trail Landmarks at http://www.oregonpioneers.com/OTMap3.jpg (accessed 18 July 2011).
- "Oregon California Trails Association" at http://octatrails.micromaps.com/ (accessed 18 July 2011).
- "The Pioneer Story: The Mormon Pioneer Trail" in The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints at http://lds.org/gospellibrary/pioneer/pioneerstory.htm (accessed 18 July 2011).