Fort Lapwai School (Idaho)
After 1885, when old Fort Lapwai ceased to function as a military fort, it was converted into an Indian school, then a tuberculosis sanitorium, then a boys and girls dormitory, and finally into a school under the direction of the Lapwai School District. It was called the Fort Lapwai Training school from 1891-1899.
Microfilm copies of ...Narrative and Statistical Reports... for the Armstrong Academy are included in National Archives Microcopy M1011, Roll 51, available in the National Archives system and in the collections of the Family History Library in Salt Lake City (their microfilm number 1724269). Narrative reports for 1921, 1922, and 1925 are missing.
The administration of the school was transferred to Coeur d'Alene Agency in 1933.