Difference between revisions of "Fort Lapwai School (Idaho)"

From FamilySearch Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search
m
m
Line 1: Line 1:
== History ==
+
{{inid}}
 +
== History ==
  
 
After 1885, when old Fort Lapwai ceased to function as a military fort, it was converted into an Indian school, then a tuberculosis sanitorium, then a boys and girls dormitory, and finally into a school under the direction of the Lapwai School District. It was called the Fort Lapwai Training school from 1891-1899.  
 
After 1885, when old Fort Lapwai ceased to function as a military fort, it was converted into an Indian school, then a tuberculosis sanitorium, then a boys and girls dormitory, and finally into a school under the direction of the Lapwai School District. It was called the Fort Lapwai Training school from 1891-1899.  
  
== Records ==
+
== Records ==
  
 
Microfilm copies of [http://www.familysearch.org/eng/library/fhlcatalog/supermainframeset.asp?display=titledetails&titleno=479404&disp=Superintendents+annual+narrative+and+sta%20%20&columns=*,0,0 “Narrative and Statistical Reports” for Fort Lapwai School], 1910-1932, are included in National Archives Microcopy M1011, available in the National Archives system and in the collections of the Family History Library in Salt Lake City, beginning with their film number 1724281. Narrative reports for 1921, 1922, and 1925 are missing.<br>  
 
Microfilm copies of [http://www.familysearch.org/eng/library/fhlcatalog/supermainframeset.asp?display=titledetails&titleno=479404&disp=Superintendents+annual+narrative+and+sta%20%20&columns=*,0,0 “Narrative and Statistical Reports” for Fort Lapwai School], 1910-1932, are included in National Archives Microcopy M1011, available in the National Archives system and in the collections of the Family History Library in Salt Lake City, beginning with their film number 1724281. Narrative reports for 1921, 1922, and 1925 are missing.<br>  

Revision as of 18:10, 12 December 2008

United States Gotoarrow.png American Indians Gotoarrow.png Idaho Gotoarrow.png Indians of Idaho Gotoarrow.png Fort Lapwai School (Idaho)

History

After 1885, when old Fort Lapwai ceased to function as a military fort, it was converted into an Indian school, then a tuberculosis sanitorium, then a boys and girls dormitory, and finally into a school under the direction of the Lapwai School District. It was called the Fort Lapwai Training school from 1891-1899.

Records

Microfilm copies of “Narrative and Statistical Reports” for Fort Lapwai School, 1910-1932, are included in National Archives Microcopy M1011, available in the National Archives system and in the collections of the Family History Library in Salt Lake City, beginning with their film number 1724281. Narrative reports for 1921, 1922, and 1925 are missing.

The administration of the school was transferred to Coeur d'Alene Agency in 1933.

References