Fort Bidwell Indian Agency (California)
Many records of Fort Bidwell Agency have been transferred to the Pacific Regional Archives of the National Archives and Records Administration (NARA) in San Francisco. These agency records include many administrative files which have few references to individual Indians. However, the following records identified by Archives records inventories, may have great value to the family historian:
- Pupil register
- School census records
- Tribal census records
- Allotment records
Microfilm copies of ...Narrative and Statistical Reports... for the Fort Bidwell Agency, 1905-1937, are included in National Archives Microcopy M1011, Roll 48, available in the National Archives system and in the collections of the Family History Library in Salt Lake City, beginning with their microfilm number 1724266.
Annual Indian Census Rolls were taken at this agency for 1915-1930. These rolls have been microfilmed by the National Archives as part of their Microcopy Number M595, roll 137. Copies of these records are also available at the National Archives, their Regional Archives, and at the Family History Library and its family history centers (their [http://www.familysearch.org/eng/library/fhlcatalog/supermainframeset.asp?display=titlefilmnotes&titleno=297519&disp=Indian%2Bcensus%2Brolls%252C%2B1885%252D1940%2B%2B&first=101&last=200&columns=*,0,0 microfilm number 576492). These census rolls are also available online at Ancestry.com's subscription web site.
- American Indians: A Select Catalog of National Archives Microfilm Publications. Washington DC: National Archives Trust Fund Board, National Archives and Records Administration, 1998.
- Hill, Edward E. (comp.). Guide to Records in the National Archives of the United States Relating to American Indians. Washington DC: National Archives and Records Service, General Services Administration, 1981.
- Hill, Edward E. The Office of Indian Affairs, 1824-1880: Historical Sketches. New York, New York: Clearwater Publishing Company, Inc., 1974.
- Historical Sketches for Jurisdictional and Subject Headings Used for the Letters Received by the Office of Indian Affairs, 1824-1880. National Archives Microcopy T1105.
- Marquette University. Guide to Catholic-Related Records in the Midwest about Native Americans.
- Preliminary Inventory No. 163: Records of the Bureau of Indian Affairs. Washington DC: National Archives and Records Services. Available online