Floyd County, Georgia Genealogy
From FamilySearch Wiki
Revision as of 22:53, 13 February 2012 by Murphynw (breadcrumb)
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places/Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
1832--Floyd County was created 3 December 1832 from Cherokee Indian Lands.
County seat: Rome 
- 1849-50, 1859-60, 1869-70, 1879-80 - Floyd County, Georgia Genealogy Mortality Schedules at Ancestry ($).
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- Floyd County, Georgia Genealogy and Family History (Linkpendium)
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).