Flathead County, Montana Genealogy
Guide to Flathead County Montana genealogy. Birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, family history, and military records.
|Flathead County, Montana|
Location of Montana in the U.S.
|Founded||February 6, 1893|
|Address|| Flathead County Courthouse|
800 S Main Street
Kalispell, MT 59901
Flathead County Website
- 1 Historical Facts
- 2 Resources
- 2.1 Biography
- 2.2 Cemeteries
- 2.3 Church Records
- 2.4 Court Records
- 2.5 Emigration and Immigration
- 2.6 Ethnic, Political or Religious Groups
- 2.7 Genealogy
- 2.8 History
- 2.9 Land and Property
- 2.10 Maps
- 2.11 Migration
- 2.12 Military
- 2.13 Newspapers
- 2.14 Obituaries
- 2.15 Probate
- 2.16 Public Records
- 2.17 Repositories
- 2.18 Taxation
- 2.19 Vital Records
- 2.20 Websites
- 3 Places
- 4 References
- Parent County: created 6 February 1893 from Missoula
- County seat: Kalispell 
- Neighboring Counties: Glacier | Lake | Lewis and Clark | Lincoln | Missoula | Pondera | Powell | Sanders | Teton
Emigration and Immigration
Ethnic, Political or Religious Groups
Land and Property
- See an interactive map of Flathead County cemeteries and modern-day townships. (Histopolis)
- NewspaperArchive.com ($) has a collection of digitized Montana newspapers including Kalispell newspapers. This database is sometimes free at libraries.
County Clerk and Recorder has birth and death records from 1882, land records from 1884 and burial records from 1893; Clerk District Court has marriage, divorce and court records from 1893
Family History Centers
- Western States Marriage Index includes marriages 1889-1904
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
A wiki article describing an online collection is found at:
|Bigfork||Hungry Horse||Niarada||West Glacier|
|Columbia Falls||Kalispell||Polebridge|| |
|Evergreen||Martin City||Whitefish|| |
A small part of the Flathead Indian Reservation is in Flathead County. The major part of the reservation is in Lake County. Other small portions are also in Missoula and Sanders Counties.
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
- The Handybook for Genealogists : United States of America, 10th ed., (Draper, UT: Everton Publishers, 2002), p. 416.