Fisher County, Texas Genealogy
Adopted by Fisher County TXGenWeb
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places/Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
The first settlers arrived in 1876.
1876--Fisher County was created 21 August 1876 from Bexar Land District. County seat: Roby 
Fisher County is named for Samuel Rhoads Fisher, a signer of the Texas Declaration of Independence and a Secretary of the Navy of the Republic of Texas. Fisher County is one of 30 prohibition, or entirely dry, counties in the state of Texas.
- Bickerstaff, William Lee
- Bowman, Joseph Wylie
- Crane Sr., Royston Campbell
- Fisher, Samuel Rhoads
- Kiefer, J. Frank
- Martin, William Patrick
- Rector, Ray
- Cemetery Index - Fisher County TXGenWeb
- USGW Tombstone Transcription Project Fisher County - USGenWeb
- USGW Archives Fisher County Cemeteries - USGenWeb
- Find-A-Grave - Texas
- Fisher County Churches - Fisher County TXGenWeb
- Biographies - Fisher County TXGenWeb
- Family Records - Fisher County TXGenWeb
- Historical Photos - Fisher County TXGenWeb
- Surnames - Fisher County TXGenWeb
Texas Counties Map. Click on the county to go to the Texas Genweb site
- Texas Death Index 1964 to 1998 [no images] Name index to Texas Statewide Death Certificates or four million people who have died since 1964.
- Texas Death Records 1890 – 1976 [with images]
Name index and images of statewide death certificates, 1890-1976. The name index has been created by FamilySearch and is tied to images of the Texas death certificates. Few certificates are available prior to 1903.
- Texas Birth Index 1903 - 1997
- Texas Divorce Index 1968 - 2002
- Texas Marriage Collection 1814 - 1909 and 1966 - 2002
Societies and Libraries
106 NE 1st Street
Roby, TX 79543
404 E. Sammy Baugh Avenue
Rotan, TX 79546
- TXGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the county
- USGenWeb Project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).