Find an ancestor using Historical Records
- When searching for records, we may not know how to find the records we need.
We may not even be aware that they exist.
- You will want to know as many of the following as possible:
- Name of the Record/Collection/Topic
- Location or area covered by the Record
- Time the record covers.
- Other Actions that may help to search the Wiki
Can you help me?
- Looking for answers to my Family History Questions, I came to the Family Search Wiki and asked "Can the Wiki help me?"
- By going to the wiki and following many of these steps we can often find sources that help.
How do I find the Carlisle Indian Industrial School?
1. We went to the Main Page
2. Browsed by county/ state or country and found:
3. Clicked on a county/state or country page or topic page that would lead to possible pages.
- You may find Topics on the right side of the page with many items to search:
- (example American Indians)
4. Clicked and searched.
- At the resulting page you should find a list of sources:
- (example: Indians of Pennsylvania)
5. Then within these sources you may find the item that you need: