Fillmore County, Minnesota Genealogy
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places/Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
- 1853--Fillmore County was created 5 March 1853 from Wabasha County. County seat: Preston 
- For a brief history of how Fillmore County was named, click here. Then select Fillmore County.
Canton | Chatfield | Fountain | Harmony | Lanesboro | Mabel | Ostrander | Peterson | Preston | Rushford Village | Rushford | Spring Valley | Whalan | Wykoff
Amherst Township | Arendahl Township | Beaver Township | Bloomfield Township | Bristol Township | Canton| Township | Carimona Township | Carrolton Township | Chatfield Township | Fillmore Township | Forestville Township | Fountain Township | Harmony Township | Holt Township | Jordan Township | Newburg Township | Norway Township | Pilot Mound Township | Preble Township | Preston Township | Spring Valley Township | Sumner Township
Forestville | Prosper
Civil War service men from Fillmore County served in various regiments. Men often joined a company (within a regiment) that originated in their county. Listed below are many companies or regiments that were formed from men of Fillmore County.
- - 1st Regiment, Minnesota Cavalry (Mounted Rangers), Companies F and I.
- - 1st Regiment, Minnesota Heavy Artillery, Company D.
- - 2nd Regiment, Minnesota Infantry, Company A.
- - 3rd Regiment, Minnesota Infantry, Company C.
- - 5th Regiment, Minnesota Infantry, Company B.
- - 6th Regiment, Minnesota Infantry, Company K.
- - 7th Regiment, Minnesota Infantry, Company E.
- - 8th Regiment, Minnesota Infantry, Company D.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).