Fillmore is county seat of Millard County. It is named for the thirteenth US President Millard Fillmore. Fillmore was originally built as the capital of Utah Territory. The Utah Territorial Legislature approved a plan to locate the capital in the Pauvant Valley. On October 28, 1851 Utah governor Brigham Young chose the specific site for Fillmore. Jesse W. Fox that same day surveyed the town.
Anson Call was the head of the colonizing company that shortly followed. Besides homes they built a grist mill and a saw mill. The capitol building was begun in 1852. In 1855 the legislature met in Fillmore. However, in 1856, the legislature decided to move the Territorial Capital to Salt Lake City.
Fillmore City Cemetery
The Fillmore City Cemetery is located a 350 E. 600 S. It is a beautiful, peaceful setting surrounded by large pine trees. Located inside the cemetery is a directory of burials and a large map for identifying grave sites. This map is updated several times each year. For further assistance locating specific grave sites you may contact the city office.
Fillmore Family History Center
25 S 300 W
Fillmore, Millard, Utah, United States
Hours: M 1pm-4pm; T-Th 1pm-9pm; Sat 7am-12pm
Closed: Closed during Christmas and New Years
Fillmore Web Sites