Felling Christ Church, Durham Genealogy
FELLING, a hamlet, in thechapelry of Heworth,parish of Jarrow, E. division of Chester ward, N. division of the county of Durham, 2 miles (S. E.) from Gateshead, on the road to Sunderland and South Shields. The Independents, Primitive Methodists, Methodists of the New Connexion, and Wesleyans, have places of worship, with Sunday schools attached; and there is a neat Roman Catholicchapel, erected in 1841.
Felling Christ Church parish was formed in 1866 from Heworth parish.
Durham University Library Archives and Special Collections DDR/EA/PBT/ 2/106 April 1866- 1869 Parish Register transcripts are available to search free online at Record Search.
The dates of the post-1760 transcripts have been noted in detail and sometimes only cover years. For most parishes in the collection there are gaps in the sequence of transcripts. It is advisable to consult the original parish registers for these years and events.
The Parish Registers for the period 1866-1970 are deposited at Durham County Record Office, County Hall, Durham, DH1 5UL (EP/Fe).
- Lewis, Samuel A., A Topographical Dictionary of England (1848), pp. 225-228.