Fayette County, West Virginia Genealogy
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places / Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
100 Church Street
Fayette, WV 25840
- County Clerk has birth and death from 1866
- Marriage, Probate & Land 1831
- Clk Cir Court has div and county records
See an interactive map of Fayette County boundary changes.
Places / Localities
For tips on accessing Fayette County, West Virginia Genealogy census records online, see: West Virginia Census.
Join us in indexing the 1940 Census
- A Census of Pensioners for Revolutionary or Military Services: With their Names, Ages, and Places of Residence, as Returned by the Marshalls of the Several Judicial Districts, Under the Act for Taking the Sixth Census]. 1841. Digital versions at U.S. Census Bureau and Google Books et. al. 1967 reprint: FHL Collection 973 X2pc 1840. [See Virginia, Western District, Fayette County on page 134.]
- Rejected or Suspended Applications for Revolutionary War Pensions. Washington, D.C., 1852. Reprinted by Genealogical Publishing Co., Inc., 1969, and 1991. Reprints include "an Added Index to States." FHL Collection 973 M24ur; digital version at Ancestry ($). [Includes veterans from this county; Virginia section begins on page 238.]
West Virgina, Naturalization Records, 1814-1991
West Virginia Will Books
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- The closest family history centers is in Charleston Family History Center
- Genealogical Society of Fayette and Raleigh Counties, Inc. P O Box 68, Oak Hill, WV 25901-0068
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
Learning How toEdit our Wiki Sites
- Wikipedia contributors, "Fayette County, West Virginia," in Wikipedia: The Free Encyclopedia, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fayette_County,_West_Virginia, accessed 14 February 2012.
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).