Faribault County, Minnesota Genealogy
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places/Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
- 1855--Faribault County was created 20 February 1855 from Blue Earth County. County seat: Blue Earth 
- For a brief history of how Faribault County was named, click here. Then select Faribault County.
Blue Earth | Bricelyn | Delavan | Easton | Elmore | Frost | Kiester | Minnesota Lake | Walters | Wells | Winnebago
Barber Township | Blue Earth City Township | Brush Creek Township | Clark Township | Delavan Township | Dunbar Township | Elmore Township | Emerald Township | Foster Township | Jo Daviess Township | Kiester Township | Lura Township | Minnesota Lake Township | Pilot Grove Township | Prescott Township | Rome Township | Seely Township | Verona Township | Walnut Lake Township | Winnebago City Township
Clayton | Guckeen | Homedahl | Huntley
[Category: Faribault, Minnesota]
Civil War service men from Faribault County served in various regiments. Men often joined a company (within a regiment) that originated in their county. Listed below are many companies or regiments that were formed from men of Faribault County.
- - 1st Regiment, Minnesota Cavalry (Mounted Rangers), Companies B and K.
- - 1st Regiment, Minnesota Heavy Artillery, Company F.
- - 2nd Regiment, Minnesota Cavalry, Companies H and K.
- - 5th Regiment, Minnesota Infantry, Companies C and F.
- - Brackett's Battalion, Minnesota Cavalry, Company B.
To find if your town's newspaper is in the collection of the Minnesota Historical Society in St. Paul, you can click on the link to find their catalog of newspaper holdings. They also sell microfilm copies of their newspaper holdings.
Faribault County Recorder (fee for copies)
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- Faribault County, MN Genealogy Forum (GenForum)
- The Faribault County MNGenWeb Project, a member of The MNGenWeb Project, an affiliate of The USGenWeb Project.
- Family History Library Catalog
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).