Family History Library/Group Visit Options
From FamilySearch Wiki
Revision as of 17:42, 27 March 2018 by Naisbittrl (→To Schedule Fun, Engaging Classes for Families, Youth and Adults Click here)
Group Visit Options
For an Interactive iPad Discovery Experience Click here
- Discover your story through fun, engaging, interactive iPad experiences. Do you have famous relatives or know where your ancestors migrated from? View pictures, record your story or see yourself in the clothing of an ancestor. Take photos with various backdrops and more! Discovery Experience Video. A free FamilySearch Account & Family Tree are recommended.
To Schedule Fun, Engaging Classes for Families, Youth and Adults Click hereHere are some of the options your family or group can choose to do while at the Library. A free FamilySearch Account is needed for the best experience.
- Search Historical Records Online: For the beginner. Learn how to search through historical records on FamilySearch.org. (30-60 minutes)
- Build a FamilySearch Family Tree: For the beginner. Learn how to build your FamilySearch Family Tree. (60 minutes)
- FamilySearch Indexing: Learn how to index using the FamilySearch Indexing software as an opportunity to give back to the community. (60 minutes)
- Find an Ancestor: For the more experienced FamilySearch user, learn how to use descendancy research to find your cousins. (60 minutes)
- Boy Scout Genealogy merit badge workshop: The Family History Library offers this on the third Saturday of each month. For registration click here.
- Self-Host group: Classrooms are also available for your own family history group use. Reserve here.
- Geographic Research: To see what classes are being offered during your visit click the Patron Class Schedule.
- Genealogical Societies: Classes specifically offered for visiting genealogical societies. Click here.