Family History Activities for Children: 3-11
Children love to learn about the world they live in as well as the family they belong to. The following links, charts, and exercises will provide some helpful ways to help teach your children all about their current and extended family.
Your Place in History
Create fun and interesting timelines:
- Important dates in your life or your ancestor's life!
- Discover interesting facts and events that happened during your own lifetime or in an ancestors' lifetime.
- Visit and learn about the places where you and your ancestors lived.
- Create a timeline either for you or an ancestor. This can be done either online or print one to fill in and put in your memory book.
Gather together family information and record it on the following forms:
- A fill-in 3 Generation Pedigree Chart that can be printed and framed.
- A fill-in 4 Generation Pedigree Chart that can be printed and framed.
- The Tigger Movie FamilyTree - Choose from 3 different designs.
- A Fun Childrens' fill-in Family Group Record that can be printed for personal Book of Remembrance.
- Learn what your family surname means.
- Locate an ancestor in the 1880 US Census, 1900 US Census, or the 1920 US Census.