FamilySearch Wiki:WikiProject Wiki Design Pages
From FamilySearch Wiki
Revision as of 19:33, 2 November 2012 by Tbreynaud
- Get started in doing genealogy research - new genealogists - how to get started. Could include some about using the wiki as a beginner.
- Page: Steps to get started / Link: Just getting started?
- Page: How to start your genealogy / Link: Starting your genealogy
- Page: A how-to guide for beginners / Link: A how-to guide
- Locating information about someone - success stories. Step by step how to get a good result on finding more information about an ancestor(s). Not for complete beginners - they at least have a name and a little info. (Example 1 | Example 2 | Example 3)
- Page: Using the Wiki to find an ancestor / Link: Looking for an ancestor?
- Alternate link text, needs condensing: Ancestor names aren't found in the Wiki, but see how the Wiki helps you find your ancestors
- Case Studies: Using the Wiki - Case study #1/#2/#3
- Finding My Ancestor using the Wiki
- Learn how to use the wiki for research (for researchers with a little more experience) - more generic - explaining how the wiki works as a tool for research - use “what links here,” page navigation, features such as watching, topics, etc. (Let's combine this page with the Help:Keys to success using the Wiki page.)
- Page & Link: Wiki Tools
- Learn how to use the wiki for research
- Organize my genealogy information - organization methods, software programs
- Organize your genealogical information
- Getting Individual Help - get or give individual help through FHCs, societies, forums, the Facebook pages, etc.
- Resources for individual help
- Search Strategies - how to search in the wiki
Suggestions on where to put this link:
- Making the Search Tips words a link to the Search Tips page
- Link to the Help:Browsing the Wiki page (Add link under the Search Tips section)
- Add Advanced Searching under Research Tools
- Change Search Tips to Search Help and Tips:
- Wiki search tips
- Add something you know to the wiki (getting started steps) - Just get people into their first 3-5 edits to the wiki, what do you need to know to get started? https://vineyard.lds.org/Home/Activity/33
- Page/Link: Make your first edit
- Share your knowledge by adding to the wiki
- Find ways you can help (things to do)
- How to help the wiki grow
- Understand how the wiki is organized (for contributors with a little more experience)
- goes back to James page... needs to be broken out of the original
- Understand how the wiki is organized
- Connect with others - already exists
- Connect with others
- Find Contributor Help articles - already exists
- Contributor Help Articles
- Training others to use the wiki and/or contribute to it - This is the landing page for “Wiki Trainers” and others like them - "train the trainer"
- Wiki Trainer Help