FamilySearch Wiki:WikiProject Utah Tasks Cemeteries
Return to Utah Wiki Project Main Page
- 1 Task Description
- 2 Steps
- 3 Assignment Chart
Add links to Find A Grave and other online cemetery records for each of the 29 counties in Utah.
Click to jump to a step:
- Step 1: Prepare the county Wiki page
- Step 2: Copy the Templates for the Cemeteries area
- Step 3: Finish the Find A Grave information
Step 1: Prepare the county Wiki page
In this step, you will see if anything has been added to the Cemeteries section of the county.
- If nothing has been added, go to Step 2.
- If there is something already in the Cemeteries section, you will make room for the new info you will be adding.
Here's what to do to make room for new information:
Step 2: Copy the Templates for the Cemeteries area
In this step, you will copy, then paste templates to the county under the "Cemeteries" heading. Here's how:
Step 3: Finish the Find A Grave information
In this step, you will edit the link to Find A Grave to match the county you are working on. Here's how:
To Check before project is ready for volunteers
- Utah burial database
- To get this database ready, create template
- Can people search by county? If so, are instructions needed?
- USGenWeb tombstone project for Utah. usually gives the names of the deceased in alphabetical order by last name with birth and death dates plus any remarks.
- Cemeteries for Utah -- google search for Utah Cemeteries
- Beaver Epodunk gives the names of the cemeteries in the county with a link to a map and more information such as address, phone number, and web site.
- to get epodunk ready, create template
- needs full instructions, or can someone figure it out from the way Find A Grave was done?
Volunteers are needed to check all 29 counties, adding items as appropriate. Please place four tildes (~~~~) in the "Volunteer" column next to the counties you choose for this assignment. This will automatically give your username and the date you signed up.