FamilySearch Wiki:WikiProject Utah Photos
Wilma will talk with UGA exec committee
Timing: for next issue of UGA, also the newsletter, also the email
Needs a good graphic -- should it be an example of what we want or Someone taking a picture of an example?
We need to take a trip to take a picture of Patsy (or Joy?) taking a picture of a panorama.
Utah 29 county photo contest
We are looking for photos from each county, which will appear at the very top of the county page. It needs to "show off" the beauty of your county. It will hopefully invite --
- The selected photos will be in a drawing for the prizes
- Ending date
- Attibution (explain what it is, and how we will give it. Part of a footnote or a link to winning photos or both
What kinds of photos are we looking for
The photo itself should be this and that
- Images should "show-off" the beauty of your county Panoramic photos are most desired but not required
- Panoramas, landscapes, NOT people focussed
Include with the photo: Titles, location Permissions Wording (beyond Wiki, People copy and use elsewhere, what kind of permissions are they granting
- UGA membership; registration SLIG nites; regional conferences
- A committee will select one photo for each county
- UGA judges; community attendees;
- Where to send it
- Send images to: email@example.com
- What to send
- regional eligibility for regional prizes possible
- Images are welcome after [date], but will not be eligible for any contest
- Title, location of pic
| This work has been released into the public domain by the copyright holder. This applies worldwide.
In case this is not legally possible:The copyright holder grants any entity the right to use this work for any purpose, without any conditions, unless such conditions are required by law.
Instructions and Information for Utah's 29-County Photo Contest:
1. Send photos to: firstname.lastname@example.org
NOTE: Photos are best uploaded from a memory card or a jump drive
2. Panoramic Photos preferred but not required
3. Photos will be chosen for each of the 29 counties by a committee
4. Chosen counties will be put in a drawing for the "big prize"