FamilySearch Wiki:WikiProject Utah Community Meeting 2013 March 6
From FamilySearch Wiki
Click to join the meeting, 9:00–10:00 a.m. Wednesdays (Mountain). Meeting ID: 2249, click Attend Meeting, Sign in as a Guest (preferably with your name).
The Wiki currently has 85,284 articles in English
News and Events
- Virtual Chapter, UGA, Thurs, Feb 21, 7 p.m.: Finding Your Irish Ancestors by Raymon Naisbitt
- March 21-23, 2013 RootsTech
- Utah Record Selection Table done
- Cemetery Records progress: Slow. Liz has been delayed by new callings at her FSC.
- LDS Church records Salt Lake County
- Using an Excel file to find all Utah church units in the Catalog that have not been included in our Wiki files - Salt Lake County and Utah County done.
- David Dilts will do a clickable map of the Stakes in Salt Lake County of SLC
- Strategies How to Find Birth Information in the United States; United States, How to Find Genealogy Records James:
- Wilma will focus soon on Library section, then Deaths, then Marriages. Started on this in a sandbox page.
- Project end: We will adapt some of the tasks for the Ohio project so people will have something constructive to do after we are not actively engaged. Wilma plans to be finished with her parts (see below) by March 31.
- Next meeting: April 3rd
- Extinct counties need to be added to the Utah page, with links to pages for them
- Pat sent a site for Utah Place Names include extinct places.
- To do: county blurb with links to Utah Maps page.
- Genealogical Surveys also mentioned in a previous meeting: Do only for Ogden, Davis, Salt Lake? and others with large compilations. P 13 of printed version Utah Research Outline granite stake, Ogden Stake, 289.3?...
From previous meetings:
- Not a priority: Gallery of images: Joy and I talked about this. Need a process, so others can submit images of the various counties and we won't have to maintain it. (More discussion in Nov 21 meeting. Get with Joy about those suggestions.)
- FHLC links.
- To do: once Libraries section is ready, show the FHLC links to the person who has not liked them.
- Wording for other topics.