FamilySearch Wiki:WikiProject Utah Community Meeting 2012 October 31
Click to join the meeting, 9:00–10:00 a.m. Wednesdays (Mountain). Meeting ID: 2249, click Attend Meeting, Sign in as a Guest (preferably with your name).
- Problem with the CSS - grid lines in tables still don't show. Please give feedback to get this back to the attention of the engineers.
News and Events
- November 15, 2012 The Basics of DNA Testing for Genealogy with Diahan Southard, Molecular Genealogist. UGA virtual meeting, 3rd Thursday each month.
- January 14-18, 2013 Salt Lake Institute of Genealogy (SLIG).
- March 21-23, 2013 RootsTech
Review of last meeting
- Wednesday, 24 Oct
- Birth task: 1898-present segment: Significant progress this past week Box Elder County; Salt Lake County (Liz and Wilma).
- SEO (Search Engine Optimizer) has pushed Beaver County to the first page (from 14th) on a Google search for Beaver County Utah. Revision of the statement - Patsy and Marilyn:
- From last week: Lois is changing headings and links in the counties from "Church Records" to "Churches and Religious Groups" Done
- No progress on Libraries and Church Records areas this week.
- Strategies How to Find Birth Information in the United States: James
- United States, How to Find Genealogy Records
- Also "how to use articles" will be great
- Patriarchal Blessings suggestion last meeting: link to index from Utah page. Perhaps under church records, perhaps part of birth page. Has names of parents, etc. and some can only find those from this index. Hancock County, IL as well. Progress:
- FHLC links. Do they need revision when the Libraries section is finished? Progress: Suggestions for last week implemented. Will take to others when Libraries section is completed.
From previous meetings (no progress):
- Get documentation of Delayed Birth Registration - dates started, etc. (Says 1941 on state page, but no citation.) - Pat
- Do the county newspaper pages - Wilma
- Value and frequency of FHLC links - topic of a near future meeting.
- Utah Record Selection Table needs updating. (Just keeping on the list until done)
Most important (county) discussions remaining:
- 1 Death, Marriage
- 1 Census
- Farm co-ops, United Order, Irrigation districts -- large category of records ignored
- 1 Cemeteries
- Divorce records
- American Indians - can point to project: it is part of the other project
- 1 Land
- 1 Probate
- Adoption (State level?) Link pointing to state
Ideas we won't forget
- Tip Bank