FamilySearch Wiki:WikiProject Utah Community Meeting 2012 October 3
Click to join the meeting, 9:00–10:00 a.m. Wednesdays (Mountain). Meeting ID: 2249, click Attend Meeting, Sign in as a Guest (preferably with your name). (Further instructions under the label Join the meeting)
- Problem with the CSS - bullets and lines in tables don't show. Engineers are aware.
- Starting a wiki council. Check it out, and sign up if interested.
News and Events
- October 19-20, 2013 ICAPGen Conference
- January 14-18, 2013 Salt Lake Institute of Genealogy (SLIG).
- March 21-23, 2013 RootsTech
Review of last meeting
- Wednesday, 26 Sept
Today: 1) Progress reports; 2) Church Records (finalize?); 3) how to find birth information (US/Utah).
Birth task: Liz is in process with the 1898-present segment. Several counties have been posted already.
From previous meetings:
- Neighboring counties clickable maps: ongoing
- History timelines progress (Marty not joining us today)
- Get documentation of Delayed Birth Registration - dates started, etc. (Says 1941 on state page, but no citation.) - Pat
- Do the county newspaper pages - Wilma
- Utah Record Selection Table needs updating. (Just keeping on the list until done)
If time permits after each area is covered, can revisit any of these topics.
One of the first projects we did for Utah was add links to the FHLC for every county, from every topic, if entries were in the FHLC. (Now FSLC)
This has come into question. Some see the links as repetitious, and some say they are useless and in the way of real content. "(Look for the "Probate Records, Records of Taxation, Vital Records, etc. of Kane County, Utah are in the FamilySearch Library. Some of the books may be available in public libraries.") It seems completely hopeless... The text is not useful, the links are confusing at best."
What do we think? Do we drop them or keep them? And why either way?
Church Records 20 minutes
How to find Birth Information pages 15 minutes
How to Find Birth Information in the United States Adding strategies will be a milestone for the entire Wiki!
This is really something that CAN make a big difference to the Wiki overall. The Thursday group expects to be part of the discussion and brainstorming.
Ideas we won't forget
- Tip Bank