FamilySearch Wiki:WikiProject Utah Community Meeting 2012 October 3
Click to join the meeting, 9:00–10:00 a.m. Wednesdays (Mountain). Meeting ID: 2249, click Attend Meeting, Sign in as a Guest (preferably with your name). (Further instructions under the label Join the meeting)
- Problem with the CSS - bullets and lines in tables don't show. Engineers are aware.
- Starting a wiki council. Check it out, and sign up if interested.
News and Events
- October 19-20, 2013 ICAPGen Conference
- January 14-18, 2013 Salt Lake Institute of Genealogy (SLIG).
- March 21-23, 2013 RootsTech
Review of last meeting
- Wednesday, 26 Sept
Today: 1) Progress reports; 2) Church Records (finalize?); 3) how to find birth information (US/Utah).
Progress reports 10 minutes
Birth task: Liz is in process with the 1898-present segment. Several counties have been posted already.
From previous meetings:
- Neighboring counties clickable maps: ongoing
- History timelines progress (Marty not joining us today)
- Get documentation of Delayed Birth Registration - dates started, etc. (Says 1941 on state page, but no citation.) - Pat
- Do the county newspaper pages - Wilma
- Utah Record Selection Table needs updating. (Just keeping on the list until done)
If time permits after each area is covered, can revisit any of these topics.
Utah Page 15 minutes
This is really something that CAN make a big difference to the Wiki overall. The Thursday group expects to be part of the discussion and brainstorming.
In the meeting, several suggestions were given to Jana. We really like the concept.
- Take the years off. They will be given when they click.
- Four categories: Parents, Birth, Marriage, Death. Also want four images
- Discussed changing the "Someone to Help Me" wording. Also had ideas for what that next page would contain:
- Hiring a professional
- Link to the FS Support
- (more, but I didn't get them)
How to find Birth Information pages 15 minutes
If James is here, we will discuss this.
- Two categories of strategies were suggested: 1) for finding specific elements of birth information, such as parents; 2) for finding the various types of records, such as military records.
- James explored and found strategies quite lacking in the Wiki.
Church Records 15 minutes
- Several changes were suggested. Some were made on the spot. To finalize next week.
Summary of minutes:
Ideas we won't forget
- Tip Bank