FamilySearch Wiki:WikiProject Utah Community Meeting 2012 October 17
Click to join the meeting, 9:00–10:00 a.m. Wednesdays (Mountain). Meeting ID: 2249, click Attend Meeting, Sign in as a Guest (preferably with your name).
- Problem with the CSS - bullets fixed last week but lines in tables still don't show. Engineers are aware, but feedback never hurts.
News and Events
- October 18 The Secret Lives of Women: Research Female Ancestors.... by Gena Philibert-Ortega. UGA (Virtual) 7 p.m. Mountain
- October 19-20, 2013 ICAPGen Conference
- January 14-18, 2013 Salt Lake Institute of Genealogy (SLIG).
- March 21-23, 2013 RootsTech
Review of last meeting
- Wednesday, 10 Oct
Purpose and life of the Wiki 15 minutes
- How does interactive teaching (see Ancestry.com/death) affect the effort and the content we put into the wiki? How long will this wiki be useful?
- Then the typical agenda: 1) Progress reports; 2) Church Records and Libraries tweaks; 3) Strategies: how to find birth information (US/Utah).
Progress reports Balance of meeting
- Birth task: 1898-present segment:
- Neighboring counties clickable maps: Weber County example
- SEO (Search Engine Optimizer)
- The practice paragraph for Beaver County moved it from page 14 to page 2.
- The paragraph was NOT part of the Google description. (Show it)
- Needs tweaking so still effective, yet more subtle
- From last week: "Expect to finish task descriptions for these areas of the counties: Libraries, History, Church"
- How to Find Birth Information in the United States: See email from James
From previous meetings (no progress):
- Get documentation of Delayed Birth Registration - dates started, etc. (Says 1941 on state page, but no citation.) - Pat
- Do the county newspaper pages - Wilma
- Value and frequency of FHLC links - topic of a near future meeting.
- Utah Record Selection Table needs updating. (Just keeping on the list until done)
In progress reports this week
Ideas we won't forget
- Tip Bank