FamilySearch Wiki:WikiProject Utah Community Meeting 2012 November 21
Click to join the meeting, 9:00–10:00 a.m. Wednesdays (Mountain). Meeting ID: 2249, click Attend Meeting, Sign in as a Guest (preferably with your name).
Meeting Participants: Marilyn is back! Liz's Dad is ill, she's gone to St. George.
- Problem with the CSS - grid lines in tables still don't show. It is fixed, but won't be implemented until the next release. No idea when that will be, but there is some hope.
- Follow-up on committee to standardize all state pages. Don't know if this affects county pages.
News and Events
- November 15, 2012 The Basics of DNA Testing for Genealogy with Diahan Southard, Molecular Genealogist. UGA virtual meeting, 3rd Thursday each month. Did anyone attend?
- January 14-18, 2013 Salt Lake Institute of Genealogy (SLIG).
- March 21-23, 2013 RootsTech
Review of last meeting
- Wednesday, 14 Nov
- Cemetery Records progress:
- Ready to move to the counties? Liz and group:
- LDS Church records table: Show how we are tracking
- Task to adapt the pattern page: Marty, Joy, and Bo have been trained.
- Task to add timelines from Jensen's: Marty and Bo have started training.
- Beginner's corner. Jana presented in Thursday meeting.
- SEO (Search Engine Optimizer) Beaver County, Utah : Need to have Steve Cottrel create a template, since so many links in it. Does this remove our need for the table at the top?
- Review citation of Delayed Birth Registration - dates started, etc. (Says 1941 on state page, but no citation.) - Done last time. Thanks Pat!
- Pat needs a stillbirth from 1942-1960
- Libraries: such minor progress, not worth mentioning in meeting.
- Strategies How to Find Birth Information in the United States; United States, How to Find Genealogy Records: James if he is on the call:
From previous meetings (no progress):
- Genealogical Surveys also mentioned in last meeting: Do only for Ogden, Davis, and others with large compilations..
- Maps follow-up: Marilyn will check with Jason Harrison and David Dilts for what they are doing. Results:
- Suggestion from last meeting not yet implemented: Newberry atlas of historical county boundaries.
- Oldmapsonline.org draw a square around the area; USGS.gov maps digitizing them
- FHLC links. To do: once Libraries section is ready, show the FHLC links to the person who has not liked them. Wilma:
- Do the county newspaper pages - Wilma
- Value and frequency of FHLC links - topic of a near future meeting.
- Utah Record Selection Table needs updating. (Just keeping on the list until done)
Most important (county) discussions remaining: (prioritized in last week's meeting)
Minimum information for each topic:
- Per project leaders meeting (Oct 23) and group meeting (Oct 31)
- Blurb giving value and scope of the records
- FHLC link
- Link to the Utah page for that topic
- Links to Ancestry.com and FS Historical Records collections Done by Jana early Nov.
"Boots on the ground" person or group to maintain, update, add to each county.
- Ideas per group meeting Oct 31
- UGA Patsy can get zips of UGA members and contact for their interest
- FHCs in area - do they know someone they can suggest?
- Libraries in area
- ULA - Pat can email everyone asking for help
We are aiming at 19 December 2012 as completing what will be done as a project.