FamilySearch Wiki:WikiProject Utah Community Meeting 2012 May 30
Click to join the meeting, 9:00–10:00 a.m. Wednesdays (Mountain). Meeting ID: 6804, click Attend Meeting, Sign in as a Guest (preferably with your name). (Further instructions under the label Join the meeting)
Anyone new to this meeting?
News and Events
- June 9 (Saturday) Murray Family History Fair Saturday, June 9th. Click on Classes.
- June 16 (Saturday) Mormon History Bus Tours of Echo Canyon and of East Canyon.
- June 21 Supercharge Your Research: Cut Ten Years off Your Learning Curve presented by Barry Ewell. This is the UGA Virtual Chapter meeting which occurs every 3rd Thursday, 7:00 p.m. (Mountain).
- July 31-Aug 3 BYU Conference on Family History & Genealogy
- August 18 (Saturday) UGA Regional Conference Cedar City
- September 21 and 22 (Friday and Saturday) UGA Regional Conference Sandy
- 1940 Census Help UGA's project with FamilySearch Indexing.
- Creation of Utah Wiki Project Forum (date to be announced- but soon Forums were changed yesterday -- there is a thread for Wiki Projects. There is a new subforum. Put up a page in the wiki and thread in forums.
Review of last meeting
- Wednesday, 23 May
- Tip icon template review: Steve dropped the table border.
- Newspapers: Wilma has not completed the county pages. Will review with Jana and Liz and report next week.
- Obituaries task description has been completed by Jana. (Learned how to do templates and much more.) Way to go, Jana! Liz and Wilma will test.
- Another person has expressed interest in helping. We will contact her and see what support she needs. Perhaps she can do the Obituaries task.
Topics that may need less discussion: Leader/assistants do examples, get suggestions and approval: Liz and Jana have volunteered to be assistants.
Future "quick" tasks (now that Obituaries are almost ready):
- Land and property
- Funeral home records
Vital records (BMD, Div)
Vital Records discussion
Summary of minutes:
Meetings will be held on Wednesdays at 9:00 a.m.
- Progress reports
- Future focus for discussions:
- Church records
- Cemetery records
- Library area of each county
- Tip Bank