FamilySearch Wiki:WikiProject Utah Community Meeting 2012 Mar 28
Click to join the meeting, 9:00–10:00 a.m. Wednesdays (Mountain). Meeting ID: 6804, click Attend Meeting, Sign in as a Guest (preferably with your name). (Further instructions under the label Join the meeting)
Anyone new to this meeting?
Meeting Participants: Wilma Adkins, Darlene Hagberg, Jana Stokes, Lois Owen, Liz Snow, Patsy Hendrickson, James Tanner, Marilyn Markham, Maren Jeppsen, Joy Bogar
News and Events
- UGA Virtual Chapter, every 3rd Thursday, 7:00 p.m. (Mountain). 19 April topic: 1940 census with Tom McGill, FamilySearch
- Saturday, June 9th, a Family History Fair will be held in Murray. Sponsored by FamilySearch? Details will follow.
- BYU July 26-29, BYU Conference on Family History & Genealogy
- Cedar City (August 18th) and Sandy (September 21 and 22) UGA Regional Conferences
Review of last meeting
- Wednesday,21 Mar
Briefly scanned the minutes and corrected where needed.
- Top charts on counties: Last week's decision:
- Photo info page Joy and I did a little, but no real progress since last week.
- Newspapers section: Your feedback was INVALUABLE! The discussion today should move us forward far more quickly in this and other subjects.
- Tips look and feel. Played with a couple. What do you think?
Tasks to finish writing this week
- "Specific counties need to be mentioned in the task" I did not remember what was meant here.
- Worked on the area and sent email to all who attended. Received GREAT feedback, which tells me:
- We need a style guide, a format which works for most topics on a county page.
- Link to pages about each category of a repository. (Practiced with a little of this. See Newspapers2)
Libraries Discussion, con't
- Create a format page for gathering information about Utah libraries and their colletions: first focus - local (rural areas) libraries?
- What do we put in the "Libraries" area of each county: View Albany County, NY example
- List every possible library?
- List only those which may have a dedicated room or collection? (And let people work with them to fill in the form as they wish?)
Summary of decisions to this point in the conversation
- Don’t want long lists of anything, including libraries, unless it’s a compiled list on another page
- Link to Utah Archives and Libraries page from each county
- We will use a format for gathering information. Format not yet decided.
- Pages created to link to Libraries and museums – so they can be used over and over
- Pictures of Libraries would be helpful
Meetings will be held on Wednesdays at 9:00 a.m.
- Progress reports
- To be determined by the group
To discuss soon:
- Provide context continued
- Tip Bank continued.
- Vital records setup: making ready for items to be entered
- Cemetery records
- Church records