FamilySearch Wiki:WikiProject Utah Community Meeting 2012 Mar 21
Click to join the meeting, 9:00–10:00 a.m. Wednesdays (Mountain). Meeting ID: 6804, click Attend Meeting, Sign in as a Guest (preferably with your name). (Further instructions under the label Join the meeting)
Anyone new to this meeting?
See progress reports
News and Events
- UGA Virtual Chapter, every 3rd Thursday, 7:00 p.m. (Mountain). 19 April topic: 1940 census with Tom McGill, FamilySearch
- Saturday, June 9th, a Family History Fair will be held in Murray. Sponsored by FamilySearch? Details will follow.
- July? Aug? BYU Family History
- Saturday, August 18th UGA Regional Conference in Cedar City. Sponsored by Cedar City Chapter, UGA
- Friday and Saturday, September 21 and 22, UGA Regional Conference, Larry H. Miller Campus of Salt Lake Community College
Review of last meeting
- FamilySearch Library Catalog links completed this week: Morgan and Tooele Counties (Lois)
- Task for updating dates in the top chart: Liz Snow completed this task for most counties. Some questions were raised, which will be discussed as first topic today.
- Photo info page UGA willing to give following prizes:
- To DO: 1) fill in UGA prizes; 2) wordsmith: Review, get ready to post.
- Newspapers section updated from Mar 14, ready for more of your ideas
- Libraries: did not progress on it this week
Starting/Ending Dates in top table
- Red Book shows county records only, with ending dates when state records began. What should our top table show?
- Would users be helped more by including both state and county level, or only including county level?
Tasks to write this week
- Obituaries: how to handle with Newspapers? Do in one task
Libraries Discussion, con't
- Create a format page for gathering information about Utah libraries and their colletions: first focus - local (rural areas) libraries?
- What do we put in the "Libraries" area of each county: View Albany County, NY example
- List every possible library?
- List only those which may have a dedicated room or collection? (And let people work with them to fill in the form as they wish?)
Summary of decisions to this point in the conversation
- Don’t want long lists of anything, including libraries, unless it’s a complied list on another page
- Link to Utah Archives and Libraries page from each county
- We will use a format for gathering information. Format not yet decided.
- Pages created to link to Libraries and museums – so they can be used over and over
- Pictures of Libraries would be helpful
Meetings will be held on Wednesdays at 9:00 a.m.
- Progress reports
- Newspapers. Specific counties need to be also mentioned in the task.
To discuss soon:
- Provide context continued
- Tip Bank continued.
- Vital records setup: making ready for items to be entered
- Cemetery records
- Church records