Difference between revisions of "FamilySearch Wiki:WikiProject Utah Community Meeting 2012 Mar 14"
|Line 49:||Line 49:|
=== Tip Gathering ===
=== Tip Gathering ===
Revision as of 03:21, 14 March 2012
Click to join the meeting, 9:00–10:00 a.m. Wednesdays (Mountain). Meeting ID: 6804, click Attend Meeting, Sign in as a Guest (preferably with your name). (Further instructions under the label Join the meeting)
Anyone new to this meeting?
See progress reports
News and Events
- UGA Virtual Chapter, every 3rd Thursday, 7:00 p.m. (Mountain)
- Saturday, June 9th, a Family History Fair will be held in Murray. Sponsored by FamilySearch? Details will follow.
- July? Aug? BYU Family History
- Saturday, August 18th UGA Regional Conference in Cedar City. Sponsored by Cedar City Chapter, UGA
- Friday and Saturday, September 21 and 22, UGA Regional Conference, Larry H. Miller Campus of Salt Lake Community College
Review of last meeting
- FamilySearch Library Catalog links completed this week: Tooele County (Lois)
- Patsy and Wilma did meet, not done. Joy is out sick, Wilma will meet with UGA this Friday. Photo info page
- To DO: 1) fill in UGA prizes; 2) wordsmith
- Newspapers section
Tasks to write this week
- Newspapers: Only include Utah Digital Newspapers and LOC Chonicling America for each county?
- Obituaries: how to handle with Newspapers? Do in one task
Libraries Discussion, con't
- Where to start this week – Libraries in Utah and how much to link – or have a common page with all linking to the complete list of libraries and what one can find there
Discussion still in process
- Wiki Editorial Comment Page: Comments as to what you found at a certain location, library, museum, etc…. that will assist other researchers…..may be the most visited page on the Wiki. Please clarify this area of minutes
- List or not list small Local Libraries (collections or no collections) Decision: not list unless they did have something for history/family history. After meeting comment: Almost all little libraries will have something -- a history book, for example -- about the county. If we go deep into what each library has, the project will never get finished.
- Format page for gathering information re: libraries. Where do we cut off the project? Where will people get this format page once the project is done?
- Alternate Repositories talked about a little. Probably not needed for county libraries.
- On the county level – do we want neighboring libraries linked?
Summary of decisions to this point in the conversation
- Don’t want long lists of anything, including libraries, unless it’s a complied list on another page
- Link to Utah Archives and Libraries page from each county
- We will use a format for gathering information. Format not yet decided.
- Pages created to link to Libraries and museums – so they can be used over and over
- Pictures of Libraries would be helpful
Meetings will be held on Wednesdays at 9:00 a.m.
- Progress reports
- To be determined by group
To discuss soon:
- Provide context continued
- Tip Bank continued.
- Vital records setup: making ready for items to be entered
- Cemetery records
- Church records