FamilySearch Wiki:WikiProject Utah Community Meeting 2012 June 20
Click to join the meeting, 9:00–10:00 a.m. Wednesdays (Mountain). Meeting ID: 6804, click Attend Meeting, Sign in as a Guest (preferably with your name). (Further instructions under the label Join the meeting)
Anyone new to this meeting?
News and Events
- June 16 (Saturday) How was the trip?
- Very interesting for Utah history.
- June 21 (Tomorrow!) Supercharge Your Research: Cut Ten Years off Your Learning Curve presented by Barry Ewell. This is the UGA Virtual Chapter meeting which occurs every 3rd Thursday, 7:00 p.m. (Mountain).
- July 31-Aug 3 BYU Conference on Family History & Genealogy
- August 18 (Saturday) UGA Regional Conference Cedar City
- September 21 and 22 (Friday and Saturday) UGA Regional Conference Sandy
Review of last meeting
- Wednesday, 6 June
- Review the revised Table at top by Jana, Liz, Wilma
- Tip icon What do you think? Tip icon also used in neighboring counties - always, or for every 4th or so county?
- Decision: none in neighboring counties because several topics link to neighboring counties anyway.
- DO put the parent counties tip in every county
- Obituaries task description written and the task accomplished already by Liz, Jana, Lois, and Elizabeth Kesler (who is new to the project).
- Karen Coombs has expressed interest in helping. She has been on vacation, so we will be in contact again soon.
- Liz reviewed the table with 20-25 people at her Family History Center: OVERWHELMINGLY in favor of the table and having it and the picture at the top.
- Some fckeditor problems were encountered, which especially affected the entire Carbon County page. May have something to do with editing tables.
- The fckeditor also is putting in headings when we "show preview". It makes it so the heading is not searchable.
Topics that may need less discussion: Leader/assistants do examples, get suggestions and approval.
Future "quick" tasks to write:
- Cemetery records : Next week, we'll have samples for decision in meeting
- Land and property
- Funeral home records
Vital records (BMD, Div)
Birth in bulleted style Suggest resources, review for dates and content.
How ready are we to create a task description for birth?
Summary of minutes:
Meetings will be held on Wednesdays at 9:00 a.m.
- Progress reports
- Future focus for discussions:
- Church records
- Library area of each county
- Tip Bank