FamilySearch Wiki:WikiProject Utah Community Meeting 2012 July 11
Click to join the meeting, 9:00–10:00 a.m. Wednesdays (Mountain). Meeting ID: 6804, click Attend Meeting, Sign in as a Guest (preferably with your name). (Further instructions under the label Join the meeting)
Anyone new to this meeting?
News and Events
- July 19 Searching Ancestry presented by Sue Maxwell. UGA Virtual Chapter meeting which occurs every 3rd Thursday, 7:00 p.m. (Mountain).
- July 31-Aug 3 BYU Conference on Family History & Genealogy
- August 18 (Saturday) UGA Regional Conference Cedar City
- September 21 and 22 (Friday and Saturday) UGA Regional Conference Sandy
Review of last meeting
- Wednesday, 27 June
- On June 13th, a problem with the code showing up in headings after a "show preview." Pat may have discovered an insight.
- When we leave a page open in edit mode too long, the wiki editor has, in some cases, turned most of the page into very strange code. It is likely a bug, but let's avoid it by not staying in edit mode more than ___ minutes?
- Birth topic was updated per last meeting. Will review FIRST in order to complete discussion and begin writing the task.
- Land, Probate, and Cemeteries are ready for review prior to writing tasks.
Topics that may need less discussion: Leader/assistants do examples, get suggestions and approval:
Vital records (BMD, Div)
The discussion today will focus on sources suggested. Areas of concern are:
- Not repeating state-level on county, but linking to state pages
- What sources will help the user most for this topic, whether it is state, county, or town level.
Birth in bulleted style Suggest resources, review for dates and content.
Summary of minutes:
Meetings will be held on Wednesdays at 9:00 a.m.
- Progress reports
- Future focus for discussions:
- Church records
- Cemetery records
- Library area of each county
- Tip Bank