FamilySearch Wiki:WikiProject Utah Community Meeting 2012 Feb 8
Click to join the meeting, 9:00–10:00 a.m. Wednesdays (Mountain). Meeting ID: 6804, click Attend Meeting, Sign in as a Guest (preferably with your name). (Further instructions under the label Join the meeting)
First, get well wishes go to Marilyn Markham, one of the project leaders. She is in a rehab facility as the result of a fall about 2 1/2 weeks ago.
Anyone new to this meeting?
- Joy Bogar. She has been experimenting with the table at the top of the page and many other "little" things that add up to a lot.
- Lois Fowles. She has been using spare time she did not have to put FHL links into several counties.
- All of you who are attending--both for the first time, and those who have been to most meetings (Liz, thank you!)
News and Events
- UGA Virtual Chapter, every 3rd Thursday, 7:00 p.m. (Mountain)
- South Davis Family History Fair, March 2nd and 3rd. Scoll to bottom of the page to register.
Review of last meeting
- Feb 1 minutes
- Finish discussion about top of county pages
- Finalize the catalog links area so a task can be created
- Colored labels for sections
- Provide context: example: a beginner selects "Birth" from the top table, then selects "Census" to see how censuses help with births.
- Brainstorm: What do we need to say in the census area, to help that person understand?
- Tip Bank:
- What do you think of the idea?
- Brainstorm tips and how they look
Meetings will be held on Wednesdays at 9:00 a.m.
- Project to post the top table on each county
- Project to post FHL and ACPL catalog links to each appropriate topic in each county
- Provide context continued
- Tip Bank continued.
To discuss soon:
- Vital records setup: making ready for items to be entered
- Cemetery records
- Church records