FamilySearch Wiki:WikiProject Utah Community Meeting 2012 Feb 29
Click to join the meeting, 9:00–10:00 a.m. Wednesdays (Mountain). Meeting ID: 6804, click Attend Meeting, Sign in as a Guest (preferably with your name). (Further instructions under the label Join the meeting)
Anyone new to this meeting?
News and Events
- UGA Virtual Chapter, every 3rd Thursday, 7:00 p.m. (Mountain)
- South Davis Family History Fair, March 2nd and 3rd. Scoll to bottom of the page to register.
Review of last meeting
- Progress reports:
- Moving the table to the counties: Completed 15 to 20 counties, depending upon how much later she worked last night. (Kudos, Liz!)
- FamilySearch Library Catalog links completed this week: Kane through Morgan Counties. (Thanks, Lois and Kyle)
- Tips icons: Joy is playing with "look and feel" for the tips so they draw attention, but look very inviting and professional. The artist we have will be working on the icons.
- How shall we ask people for help in:
- Providing landscapes (free of copyright) from the counties to be posted above the tables.
- Correcting dates in the table for each county.
- Main topic: Libraries and the information users need
- What do we NEED in the Wiki for each of the Utah Libraries, Archives, Museums, Societies that have collections useful for family history and Utah history?
- Do we need a format for gathering information about a library? (See ACPL, FHL, SLC Public)
- How extensively can they describe their own collections in the Wiki?
- Will users benefit if we link from topics in the county to catalogs other than the FHL?
- If so, how many catalogs will help users. Or might more confuse rather than help?
- What about libraries in that county? How specific, in-depth with their collections?
Meetings will be held on Wednesdays at 9:00 a.m.
- Progress reports
- Focus to be decided by those at the meeting
To discuss soon:
- Provide context continued
- Tip Bank continued.
- Vital records setup: making ready for items to be entered
- Cemetery records
- Church records