FamilySearch Wiki:WikiProject Utah Community Meeting 2012 Feb 22
Click to join the meeting, 9:00–10:00 a.m. Wednesdays (Mountain). Meeting ID: 6804, click Attend Meeting, Sign in as a Guest (preferably with your name). (Further instructions under the label Join the meeting)
Anyone new to this meeting?
- Liz Snow for her courage in testing the instructions for copying the table at the top of county pages. She is not only willing and cheerful, but savvy too!
News and Events
- The Wiki has still been having some problems -- mostly slow in bringing up pages.
- They are working on an upgrade to a new version of the software. No word on how soon it will be activated, but it should decrease the inconveniences.
- UGA Virtual Chapter, every 3rd Thursday, 7:00 p.m. (Mountain)
- South Davis Family History Fair, March 2nd and 3rd. Scoll to bottom of the page to register.
Review of last meeting
- Progress reports:
- Task for moving the table to the counties was completed. Liz Snow has tested and improved it, and is moving ahead. See Box Elder County
- FamilySearch Library Catalog links completed this week: Grand through Kane Counties. (Thanks, Lois)
- Task in prep for linking to Allen County Public Library topics for each county. James Tanner and Wilma still need to confer on this.
- Have not yet worked with the "Provide Context" ideas that have already been discussed. Hopefully next week
- Tips: Have contacted an artist who will create drawings we can use freely.
- Tip bank discussion: brainstorm what we want the artist to draw:
- Ideas so far:
- Finger with a string and word "Remember"
- "Sticky note" look with word "Tip"
- Coin with the word "Tip"
- After the tip:
- Pot of gold (no leprechaun)
- Sack of gold
- No icon, simply the link to "More tips"
- Suggestions for gathering unedited tips (cache?); for storing wordsmithed tips with their template (vault?); and for the finalized tips that users see (bank?)
- Ideas so far:
- Comments about Tasks arrangement and FHL Catalog Links How to make tasks satisfying and doable, especially for less difficult tasks.
- Suggestions as we start training more people
Meetings will be held on Wednesdays at 9:00 a.m.
- Progress reports
- Project to post FHL and ACPL catalog links to each appropriate topic in each county
- Provide context continued
- Tip Bank continued.
To discuss soon:
- Vital records setup: making ready for items to be entered
- Cemetery records
- Church records