FamilySearch Wiki:WikiProject Utah Community Meeting 2012 Aug 1
Click to join the meeting, 9:00–10:00 a.m. Wednesdays (Mountain). Meeting ID: 6804, click Attend Meeting, Sign in as a Guest (preferably with your name). (Further instructions under the label Join the meeting)
Liz cannot be here today -- teaching 4 classes at BYU this week.
News and Events
Next week's meeting (aug 8) cancelled
- July 31-Aug 3 BYU Conference on Family History & Genealogy
- August 16 Virtual presentation by Pat Jensen, Finding U.S. Naturalization Records. UGA Virtual Chapter meeting which occurs every 3rd Thursday, 7:00 p.m. (Mountain).
- August 18 (Saturday) UGA Regional Conference Cedar City
- September 21 and 22 (Friday and Saturday) UGA Regional Conference Sandy
Review of last meeting
- Wednesday, 25 July
- Funeral home records - Lois Fowles is starting to input funeral homes on the county pages from one of the directories. (She was looking for work, so I gave her a big task that did not need a lot of explaining.) She will link to their web site and cite the reference to the directory.
- Future task: contacting the mortuaries to learn: years they have, communities they serve, filmed?, (check with archives, etc.), specialties (Catholic, LDS, Jewish, etc.), records they keep for each person.
- Obituaries online needs to be in ours. Patsy will look it up so we get it in. ObitsUtah.com courtesy of Utah funeral directors assn.
- Neighboring counties - Joy Bogar is updating the images and centering the blurb to the right of them. Starting to look really good.
- Make maps clickable: see Jason or Beth for how to do it. Jana wants to be part of the training. Joy will probably be happy to do this.
- James did modifying of How to Find Birth Information in the United States, based on comments from our meeting.
From last week:
- Get documentation of Delayed Birth Registration - dates started, etc. (Says 1941 on state page, but no citation.) - Pat
- Get citation for statement in 1905 the state required copies to be sent to them. - Liz Done.
- Documentation for 100 years - Wilma Done
- Start templates and task page for Births - Wilma Started
- Start on the State Archives project - Liz started adding info to Experimental County from the State Archives site to add pertinent links and info to each county.
- Learn to make our own "badge" and other templates that allow adaptation - Wilma and Jana? Jana made significant progress. Asking Steve for help.
Vital records (BMD, Div)
Birth Review the "to do" area of births to implement or discard ideas
Summary of minutes:
Meetings will be held on Wednesdays at 9:00 a.m.
- Progress reports
- Future focus for discussions:
- Church records
- Cemetery records
- Library area of each county
- Tip Bank