FamilySearch Wiki:WikiProject Utah Community Meeting 2012 Aug 1
Click to join the meeting, 9:00–10:00 a.m. Wednesdays (Mountain). Meeting ID: 6804, click Attend Meeting, Sign in as a Guest (preferably with your name). (Further instructions under the label Join the meeting)
Liz cannot be here today -- teaching 4 classes at BYU this week.
News and Events
Next week's meeting (aug 8) cancelled
- July 31-Aug 3 BYU Conference on Family History & Genealogy
- August 16 Virtual presentation by Pat Jensen, Finding U.S. Naturalization Records. UGA Virtual Chapter meeting which occurs every 3rd Thursday, 7:00 p.m. (Mountain).
- August 18 (Saturday) UGA Regional Conference Cedar City
- September 21 and 22 (Friday and Saturday) UGA Regional Conference Sandy
Review of last meeting
- Wednesday, 25 July
- Funeral home records - Lois Fowles is starting to input funeral homes on the county pages from one of the directories. (She was looking for work, so I gave her a big task that did not need a lot of explaining.) She will link to their web site and cite the reference to the directory.
- Neighboring counties - Joy Bogar is updating the images and centering the blurb to the right of them. Starting to look really good.
- Liz started adding info to Experimental County the State Archives site to add pertinent links and info to each county.
- Jana did the badge, but Wilma messed it up trying to make it an internal, rather than an external link.
- James did some heavy work on How to Find Birth Information in the United States.
- Get documentation of Delayed Birth Registration - dates started, etc. (Says 1941 on state page, but no citation.) - Pat
- Get citation for statement in 1905 the state required copies to be sent to them. - Wilma
- Documentation for 100 years - Wilma
- Start templates and task page for Births - Wilma
- Start on the State Archives project - Liz
- Learn to make our own "badge" and other templates that allow adaptation - Wilma and Jana?
- Move forward on Marriage and Death
Topics that may need less discussion: Leader/assistants do examples, get suggestions and approval: Liz and Jana have volunteered to be assistants.
Future "quick" tasks to write:
- Land and property
Vital records (BMD, Div)
Birth in bulleted style Suggest resources, review for dates and content.
How ready are we to create a task description for birth?
Summary of minutes:
Meetings will be held on Wednesdays at 9:00 a.m.
- Progress reports
- Future focus for discussions:
- Church records
- Cemetery records
- Library area of each county
- Tip Bank