FamilySearch Wiki:WikiProject Utah Community Meeting 2012 Apr 11
Click to join the meeting, 9:00–10:00 a.m. Wednesdays (Mountain). Meeting ID: 6804, click Attend Meeting, Sign in as a Guest (preferably with your name). (Further instructions under the label Join the meeting)
Anyone new to this meeting?
News and Events
- Jane Colmenares can give great training. Contact Wilma (firstname.lastname@example.org) if interested.
- 1940 Census Help UGA's project with FamilySearch Indexing.
- UGA Virtual Chapter, every 3rd Thursday, 7:00 p.m. (Mountain). 19 April topic: 1940 census with Tom McGill, FamilySearch
- Saturday, June 9th, a Family History Fair will be held in Murray. Sponsored by Regional stakes. Details will follow.
- BYU July31- Aug 3, BYU Conference on Family History & Genealogy
- Cedar City (August 18th) and Sandy (September 21 and 22) UGA Regional Conferences
Review of last meeting
- Wednesday, 4 Apr
- Photo info page no real progress since last week
- Icons for tips: Joy did a few more experiments
- Newspapers task ready for review
- Important for Utah: FamilySearch Marketing area is linking from the 1940 census announcements to the Utah (all states, really) topic pages. Shall we move attention temporarilly to those pages?
Tasks to finish writing this week
Obituaries Review what is there so far:
Tasks we need to get going on
We need to get these ready so we can make the task
- What order shall we do them in: greatest need for users or quickest to write?
- Or a combination of both.
Decided: we will add our votes to each one by Monday p.m.
Needing much discussion:
- Vital records (WA: 1) (JS:1)
- Cemetery records WA: 2) (JS:2)
- Church records (WA: 4) (JS:3)
- Libraries (WA: 3) (JS:4)
Do examples, get approval (may be quicker)
- Funeral home records (WA: 4) (JS:4)
- Land and property (WA: 3) (JS:2)
- Probate (WA: 1) (JS:1)
- Court (WA: 2) (JS:3)
[JS: By the way, are divorice records going to be part of vital records or court records?]
Libraries Discussion, con't
Yet to be addressed:
- List only libraries that have collections - or list others as well
- Link to Utah Archives and Libraries page from each county
- Format for gathering information - not yet decided
- Pictures of Libraries would be helpful
Summary of decisions to this point in the conversation
- Bullets used with text of "four"or less items
- Headings used for "five" or more items with only pertinent explanations
- Indented text tip with small icon - icon yet to be determined
- No extra lines between bullets will be used - keep text together
Meetings will be held on Wednesdays at 9:00 a.m.
- Progress reports
- To be determined by the group
To discuss soon:
- Vital records setup: making ready for items to be entered
- Cemetery records
- Church records
- Funeral home records
- Land and property
- Provide context continued
- Tip Bank continued.