FamilySearch Wiki:Technical Meeting Agenda 16 November 2010
From FamilySearch Wiki
Revision as of 03:37, 10 November 2010 by Dsammy
[add-meeting-URL-here Join the meeting], the ID is XXXX
Add your recognition items below
- Kudos goes to ...
News items can now be found on the Community News page in the Wiki.
From the Community
From FamilySearch Staff
- Discussion on the problem of redundant pages. Redundant pages are inherently bad for the Wiki. For example, creating a page about county formation separate from the county page is confusing.
- To stimulate this discussion I propose we delete (State Name) County Creation Dates and Parent Counties pages.
- If you would like to contribute to a Wiki discussion of this topic (what to do about duplicate Wiki pages) please do so on the Talk:New York County Creation Dates and Parent Counties page. DiltsGD 15:26, 6 November 2010 (UTC)
- Further discussion of commercialism on the Wiki. Is Shelby County, Tennessee#Maps too commercial? Is the Random Acts of Genealogical Kindness banner too commercial? For an example, see Cemeteries section of same page. Murphynw 23:41, 9 November 2010 (UTC)
- Correction is in the order. It isn't RAOGK. It's the "purchase at" item as shown on Shelby County TN page (reference is here "purchase a high-quality reproduction at ReevesMaps.com.") as well as other pages with this similiar line. RAOGK came in as a question about the size of its' template being a bit too big. And the discussion ensued about the Societies and exact where the fine line is concerning "endorsements" on Wiki pages outside of Societies and commercial sponsor pages. Difference is very clear - Oregon Gazetteers - first item "The 7th edition is available in some libraries in Oregon and the Library of Congress." The purchase is well hidden in the link. No mention of any endorsement. Dsammy 03:37, 10 November 2010 (UTC)