FamilySearch Wiki:Technical Meeting Agenda 11 May 2010
Join the meeting, the ID is 8024
News items can now be found on the Community News page in the Wiki.
Add your recognition items below
- Kudos goes to ...
From the Community
- Submitted a QR code image for review 20 April 2010, look for file FSWikiMainPageQRCode.png to find it once it is. Insert it here, (relates to 20 April discussion).
From FamilySearch Staff
Currently this category has three pages in the wiki with this category. The category page is completely void of any documentation. Instructions related to why the category was created, how the category should be used, and how the category will be managed. This is a maintenance process that should be documented and should have been vetted with the community prior to implementation. Therefore, the addition of documentation is critical. Thanks! --Fran 15:29, 21 April 2010 (UTC)
The ISBN Feature [Carried over from 20 April meeting]
- It appears the ISBN search feature might be working properly, at least in part. If anyone would like to help verify the feature is functioning as expected, that would be nice. Pages you might want to refer to while testing this feature include:
- FamilySearch Wiki:Book sources
- Template:WorldCat - how does this template affect the ISBN search feature that is default in MediaWiki?
- Russia Periodicals has several ISBN links on the page. Clicking on any of the links takes you to the "Book sources" page but includes the ISBN search field with the word "Go" to conduct a search. Unfortunately when I click on "Go" nothing happens. In order to conduct a search I have to scroll down to the list of book sources and click on each option of interest to me. Example: "Find this book at WorldCat free online catalog of the world's libraries"
- The MediaWiki page about the ISBN feature helps to understand the intended functionality of this feature.
Proposal to rename the Dispute Resolution Process
[Carried over from 20 April meeting]
We're in the process of updating the content related to the governance and dispute resolution process in the wiki. One concern voiced in the recent past was related to the title of "Dispute Resolution." The concern is that the title itself has a negative overtone and we were looking for ideas to communicate something more positive. One suggestion that was shared with me is "Agreement Process." I really like the suggestion and welcome your opinion on this and other ideas. The pages in the wiki that would be impacted by this change include:
- FamilySearch Wiki:Dispute resolution
- FamilySearch Wiki talk:Dispute resolution
- FamilySearch Wiki:Third opinion
- FamilySearch Wiki:Assume good faith
- FamilySearch Wiki:Avoid Edit Wars
- FamilySearch Wiki:Arbitration
- Template:Policies and guidelines
- FamilySearch Wiki:Policies
- FamilySearch Wiki:Administrators
- FamilySearch Wiki:Talk page guidelines
- FamilySearch Wiki:Etiquette Guidelines
- FamilySearch Wiki:Blocking and Banning
- FamilySearch Wiki:Editing
- FamilySearch Wiki talk:Avoid Edit Wars
- FamilySearch Wiki talk:Mediation
- FamilySearch Wiki talk:Three-revert rule
- About FamilySearch Wiki
- Category:Dispute resolution
- There may be others, but this is what I have identified thus far. Some pages, especially the talk pages, will incur a minor impact. Thanks in advance for your comments and ideas. --Fran 17:10, 16 April 2010 (UTC)