FamilySearch Wiki:Contributors Meeting 11 Oct 2011
From FamilySearch Wiki
Revision as of 20:56, 11 October 2011 by SuperGenealogist (Realigned a heading.)
MeetingPlace ID: 7770; Join the meeting; Dial-in number: 877-453-7266 1 p.m. Mountain time on Tuesdays
- You can join up to 10 minutes early. If you try to join the meeting at any other time, you will get an error that the meeting doesn't exist.
- Prior to joining the meeting for the first time, run the MeetingPlace Test to verify that you can participate in a web meeting.
Introduce new members
Kudos go to ...
Updates and follow up
Style Guide Discussions
- Let's talk about stubs... This post on a user's talk page raised some questions about whether there were guidelines that were discussed but never added to the wiki about stub pages. -- janellv 21:26, 4 October 2011 (UTC)
- When we copy a title from the Family History Library Catalog it copies with only a capital on the first word. To make the citiation correct, should we edit the title to reflect conventional title capitalization?McBrideLW
Project Help Requests
- Need help with your project? See a project that needs to be done? Add it here:
Improve the Wiki
- What are all the FCK editor bugs? Can someone volunteer to add them added to the Known Issues page and/or the Editing Tool page?
- What is the process for selecting feature articles? How do we emphasize the best? How do we make sure less-than-best or less-than-ready don't end up featured? Lise 14:07, 11 October 2011 (UTC)
- Copyrights.... -- janellv
- Subpages – Clarification and possible policy change. Help:Subpages says: “By default, MediaWiki's subpage feature is turned off in the main namespace, but can be used on talk pages and user pages. See Help:Namespaces. In namespaces where the feature is switched off, any slashes (/) within a page name are simply part of the page name and do nothing special.”
- The above paragraph seems to talk about two different things.
- Where subpages can be used. This seems to imply that subpages are only for talk and user pages.
- The breadcrumb trail that can be automatically generated. Should this be turned on for other types of pages? Judy 19:39, 11 October 2011 (UTC)
Moderators and Adopters
- Moderator thread -- janellv
- Be part of the solution! Make your opinions known! Post comments to an existing thread or start a new discussion at Wiki Contributors Corner forum.
| Current forum threads of interest:
New since last week
Comments added since last week
Decisions made since last week