Difference between revisions of "FamilySearch Indexing:UK Parish Registers, Overview"
From FamilySearch Wiki
m (Protected "FamilySearch Indexing:UK Parish Registers, Overview" ([edit=sysop] (indefinite) [move=sysop] (indefinite)))
Revision as of 02:29, 14 January 2012
This is information generic to the UK parish registers. There may be additional instructions for a specific project.
- There can be four types of records in these projects.
- This project is recommended for experienced volunteers who are comfortable with the indexing process, system features, and reading a variety of old handwriting styles.
Characteristics of This Project
- One to two images per batch
- Usually multiple records per image
- No highlights
Description of the Records
- The parish registers have either been handwritten or typed.
- Each image may contain either one or two pages.
- Each type of record will have different fields to index.
- The common record types for these project are: