Difference between revisions of "Fairfield County, Ohio Genealogy"
(add na bar)
|Line 67:||Line 67:|
Revision as of 19:49, 29 September 2010
- This article is about a county in Ohio. For other uses, see Fairfield (disambiguation).
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places/Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
The Fairfield County Chapter of the Ohio Genealogical Society has published readings of all of the cemeteries in Fairfield County. A surname index is available on their website.
1883 History of Fairfield and Perry Counties, Ohio...Their Past and Present Containing A comprehensive history of Ohio; A complete history of Fairfield and Perry Counties: Their townships, cities, villages, towns, schools, churches, societies, industries, statistics, etc; A history of their soldiers in the late wars; Portraits of early settlers and prominent men; miscellaneous matter; maps of the counties: biographies and histories of pioneer families. Compiled by A. A. Graham, illustrated... Chicago: W. H. Berrs & Co. 1883 is available online.
- Ohio Deaths, 1908-1953 Free name indexes and images at FamilySearch – Pilot. Records include such information as birth date of deceased, city, county, and state of death, name of spouse if married, names of parents, maiden name of mother, name of informant, if deceased was single, married, windowed or divorced, occupation of deceased.
Societies and Libraries
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county. USGenWeb for Fairfield County, Ohio is available online.
- Family History Library Catalog
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).